You really only have a couple of choices when it comes to placing your new HDTV flat screen TV in a room. You can place it on top of a TV stand or you can make it a wall mount TV. A flat screen wall mount is a very popular way to place an HDTV. Using a TV wall mount means you don’t need a dedicated TV stand and it doesn’t take up any floor space.
Considering a TV stand instead of a mount? Be sure and see our articles about some of the nicest:
- TV Consoles: 10 New TV Stands Under $300
- Flatscreen TV Stands: 5 Best Rated Value TV Stands
- Corner TV Stand: 8 Gorgeous Corner Wood TV Stands
- Corner TV Stands: Top 10 Best Rated Corner TV Cabinets
- TV Stands: 7 Best Selling Flat Screen TV Stands
There are a couple of types of TV mounts you need to consider. There fixed tiltable models and there are articulating models. There are advantages to both types, but which TV mount you choose really depends on your personal situation. Is tilting and possibly limited swiveling enough, or do you need a full motion TV wall mount that can be attached to the wall and then swivels substantially to the left or the right for better viewing?
The most popular TV wall mounts are the fixed tiltable models mostly because that’s all most users need, but also because they are the least expensive of the wall mounts. You can television wall mounts in a variety of sizes to handle small to very large flat screen TVs.
A key consideration when choosing a flat screen wall mount is the VESA flat display interface configuration. All modern flat screen TVs, since 1997, come with built-in screw holes configured such that they conform to a mounting standard known as VESA or sometimes FDMI. There are typically four holes that are self-tapping and usually arranged in a square. They match up with corresponding holes on the TV wall bracket’s VESA mount through which screws can be used to connect the mount to the TV. You can see the VESA standard online on Wikipedia.org.
You need to know the exact designation of the VESA pattern or patterns on the back of your TV to know if the mount your considering supports that configuration. Some mounts are adjustable to support multiple VESA configurations.
There is one mount that comes out on top time and time again as the most popular mount available. It’s very popular for multiple reasons; it’s highly configurable, fits a wide range of TV models, and it’s a great value.
We’re talking about the Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Flush Tilt Wall Mount. Read on to see if this is the perfect flat screen wall mount bracket for your needs!
Don’t let the low price fool you. This is a high-quality TV mount for flatscreens capable of holding up to 65-inch HDTVs as heavy as 165 lbs. Its flush design gives it a very thin profile, but it still has some tilt capability as well as rotation capability. Adjustable VESA configuration is great for handling just about any VESA standard. It comes with everything you need to do the install including a bubble level. If you’re hanging a heavy flat screen TV, it is recommended that you mount this bracket into the existing studs in your wall. Cheetah Mounts has built a lot of great features into this value flat screen wall mount kit.
Flat Screen Wall Mount: Features
- High-grade cold rolled steel construction throughout
- Flush design provide an ultra-thin profile with only 1.3-inches of wall clearance
- Mount tilts up to 15-degrees and rotates up to 3-degrees for better viewing and glare reduction
- Capable of handling 32-65 inch TVs with VESA sizes up to 684×5400 and weights up to 165 lbs using dual-hook design
- Support for several VESA standard configurations including 100×100, 200×100, 200×200, 300×300, 400×400, and 600×400
- Can be mounted on either 16-inches on center or 24-inches on center studs
- Comes with an HDMI braided cable and magnetic bubble level
- Lifetime 100% guarantee
- Easy to install
- High quality design and materials
- Come with everything you need
- Excellent value
- Safety screw difficult to reach
- Assembly instruction lacking
- TV ends up very tight to the wall which can be difficult of the cables
- Metric hardware
Flat Screen TV Wall Mount
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Cheetah Mounts wall mount? Which wall mount are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our flat screen TV article! We sincerely hope that it has given you valuable information that you can use to choose the best flat screen TV wall mount for your needs!