If you’re looking for contemporary audiovisual that has the look of a modern media console, but with all the functionality and storage you need, you should consider a floating AV console. A floating AV console is a modern media console that is wall-mounted and takes up very little floor space in the room.
A modern media console that has contemporary good looks and yet can function perfectly to store your DVDs, games, or other media, as well as all your AV equipment, is a rare find.
Interested in learning about other popular media consoles? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Television Cabinet: Our Favorite Top-Rated Corner TV Stand
- Small Media Cabinet: 3 Top Rated Compact Media Cabinets
- Sauder Corner TV Stand: Most Popular Budget Sauder Corner Media Console
- Corner Media Console: Top 5 Best Rated Corner TV Cabinets Under $200
- TV Console Furniture: Top 7 Most Popular Budget TV Cabinets
- Media Chest: Top 15 Most Beautiful Media TV Chests
- TV Console Tables: 25 Simplistic Modern Eclectic TV Console Tables
- 27 Inch TV Stands: 8 Beautiful Unique Media Stands
- TV Consoles: 10 New TV Stands Under $300
There is no doubt that if you are in an apartment or a small home where space is limited, a “floating” console can be a real space saver. A floating console is a TV stand that you mount to your wall at the perfect height for you and it serves as your wall-mounted entertainment center holding not only your flat screen TV but also audio/video components and media.
Many floating consoles are well-priced as they are constructed from laminated composite wood or MDF, are ready-to-assemble, and have nice looking, but less expensive laminate finishes.
Look for any modern media console you buy to have plenty of space for your complete entertainment collection as well as a cable management system since there is no part of the console that rests on the floor and no other way to hide the cables, wires, and cords.
A wall-mounted console has one drawback which is its weight capacity which depends on the mounting solution. They can be difficult to mount because you need to attach them to wall studs to maintain their published capacity. Some models come with an innovative mounting system that allows you to easily install a rail first to the studs and then just hang the console on the rail.
We searched A/V forums, retail sites, consumer sites, customer review sites, manufacturer sites, and social media to find the most popular and highly rated modern media console.
Take a look at our choice and see if this floating TV stand is the best TV console for your needs!
If you’re tight on space in an apartment or small home, the Prepac Series 9 Designer Collection 58-Inch Wall Mounted AV Console in Espresso is an excellent “floating” solution. It features a sleek, modern, contemporary design with unique styling and bold, thick tops and sides. Constructed of sturdy, CARB-compliant, laminated composite wood, it has a beautiful, warm Espresso laminate finish that is sure to complement any home décor. Its storage touches include a long top shelf for your flat panel TV, three large compartments on top for A/V equipment, and a long divided lower shelf for storing DVDs, games, and other media. Its cable management solution conceals wires, cables, and cords in hidden pathways, so they don’t mar the look of this beautiful furniture. This modern media console is easy to install thanks to Prepac’s innovative metal hanging rail system that easily mounts to your wood wall studs, though we recommend two people for the install.
Modern Media Console: Features
- 58-inch wall-mounted, “floating” audiovisual console with a warm Espresso laminate finish
- Constructed using CARB-compliant, laminated composite wood
- Storage includes three large compartments for A/V components, a long top shelf for a flat screen TV, and a long divided lower shelf for media storage
- Cables are neatly concealed in hidden wire pathways for a more professional, designer look
- Capable of storing 89 DVDs or 131 Blu-ray discs
- Unique metal hanging rail system mounts easily to your wood wall studs and the unit simply hangs on the rail
- Properly installed, it’s rated to hold up to 165 lbs. of electronic components and media and flat panel TVs up to 75 lbs.
- Manufactured in North America
Ships ready to assemble
- Dimensions are 58W x18H x 15.75D inches
- 5-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Easy to assemble and mount
- Beautiful Espresso laminate
- Sturdy construction and materials
- Excellent value
- Assembly instructions could be better
Modern Media Console
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this stylish floating TV stand? Which media console are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A media console you mount on the wall saves space while providing the storage you need for your flat screen TV and AV equipment. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right modern media console for your needs!